Application Deadline: April 30th 2018
The search for Momentum for Change’s 2018 Lighthouse Activities is on! Applications are being accepted from 22 February to 30 April. Spearheaded by the United Nations Climate Change Secretariat, Momentum for Change shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
If you’re leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change, we want to hear from you!
Your activity must meet the eligibility criteria for its respective area of focus. Please note that each of the four areas of focus has its own criteria. In order to meet the basic eligibility criteria, the activity must:
1. Address climate change mitigation or adaptation;
2. Be already implemented, or in the course of implementation;
3. Be scaleable and/or replicable with potential for long-term impact;
4. Be innovative and/or demonstrate potential for long-term transformational change;
5. Deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits;
6. Not be registered or have intentions to register as a clean development mechanism (CDM) or joint implementation (JI) initiative in the next two years.
If your institution has successfully implemented a project, initiative, program or other activity that addresses climate change mitigation or adaptation while focusing on one of the five areas outlined below, we would like to hear about it.
The 2018 call for applications includes the following four areas of focus:
Women for Results, recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change;
Financing for Climate Friendly Investment, recognizing successful financial innovations for climate change adaption and mitigation;
Planetary Health, recognizing novel solutions that balance the need for both human health and a healthy planet;
Climate Neutral Now, recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality;
If your project is selected as a winning activity, you will receive a wide range of benefits, including :
- fully covered attendance to the 2018 UN Climate Change Conference in Katowice, Poland; access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference; public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat; public relations support and media training; marketing materials, including promotional videos, a dedicated page about your project on our website and professional photography.
Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities receive the following benefits package:
I. Engagement with policy makers
• Recognition by the UNFCCC secretariat;
• Attendance to UN Climate Change Conferences;
• Opportunities to present work to policy makers during the UN Climate Change Conferences.
II. Public relations support
• Concentrated media engagement effort prior to and during the UN Climate Change Conferences, including placement of opinion pieces and earned media;
• On-going digital campaign, including social media, email marketing and promotion on UNFCCC website.
III. Marketing support
• Promotional videos;
• Dedicated webpage on the UNFCCC website;
• Interactive annual reports;
• Professional photography.
The selection process:
Lighthouse Activities will be announced in October 2018 and officially recognized and celebrated during an award ceremony and a series of special events in December 2018 at the UN Climate Change Conference in Katowice, Poland.
How to apply:
- To start a new application, register in our online application portal. It will take at least an hour to complete an application but you can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience. Completed applications must be submitted by midnight GMT on 30 April 2018.
For More Information: