Application Deadline: 9 April 2017
The United Nations Climate Change secretariat have opened the call for applications for the 2017 Momentum for Change Awards today to showcase action and ambition as national governments work toward implementing the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Selected initiatives, called ‘Lighthouse Activities,’ shine a light on innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people are doing to address climate change, in the hope of inspiring others to act. The winning activities will be recognized and celebrated during a series of special events in November at the UN Climate Change Conference in Bonn, Germany (COP 23).
The 2017 call for applications includes the following five areas of focus:
- Women for Results, recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change;
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment, recognizing successful financial innovations for climate change adaption and mitigation
- ICT Solutions, recognizing successful climate change mitigation or adaptation activities that produce measurable results;
- Planetary Health, recognizing novel solutions that balance the need for both human health and a healthy planet;
- Climate Neutral Now, recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality;
- If your project is selected as a winning activity, you will receive a wide range of benefits, including fully covered attendance to the 2017 UN Climate Change Conference in Bonn, Germany;
- access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference;
- public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat; public relations support and media training; marketing materials, including promotional videos and podcasts; a dedicated page about your project on our website; and graphic assets such as infographics and professional photography.
How to Apply:
- To start a new application, register in our online application portal.
- It will take at least an hour to complete an application but you can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience.
- Completed applications must be submitted by midnight GMT on 9 April 2017.
For More Information: