Application Deadline Extended: June 5th 2015
The School Enterprise Challenge is a student-led, business start-up competition for schools around the world.
This free competition guides and supports teachers and students to set up real school businesses. Students develop essential skills in business and entrepreneurship in a practical, fun and innovative way. The competition helps schools generate extra income for their school, or a social cause of their choice.
The competition helps schools generate extra income for their school, or a social cause of their choice.
What kinds of business do schools set up?
- Schools have set up an amazing variety of businesses. In 2014, 1250 schools from 93 countries participated in the competition and their businesses ranged from fly fishing in Belize, to an inter-schools newspaper in India and a carwash in South Africa.
- Schools with new businesses on average generated an average net profit of $497.24 in their first four months of operation.
The School Enterprise Challenge is a three stage, global competition.
Register and Sumit a business idea – 1 Month – Schools register online and gain access to free suite of educational resources including weekly activities, lesson plans, lesson ideas, useful tools, templates and online support.
Students may also enter mini competition along the Way
Develop and Submit a Business Plan – 6 weeks – Schools continue to use the resources provided and have the opportunity to connect with other schools and apply for mentors in order to develop and submit a business plan
Implement the School Business and Submit a Final Report
Up to Four Months
With the support of the resources and feedback, schools seek startup funding (If needed) and startup their school business
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Register Online from April and download our full suite of education materials.
- Step 2: Create your Business Idea: You will have four weeks from registration to submit your business idea to us.
- Step 3: Connect with Other Schools – fill out your profile and find your perfect partner school.
- Step 4: Apply for a School Business Mentor- get personalized 1-1 feedback and encouragement from your very own business mentor.
- Step 5: Write your Business Plan – You will have six weeks to write and submit your business plan.
- Step 6: Launch your Business and start generating income!
- Step 7: Submit your Final Report and tell us what you have achieved! The deadline for submitting final reports is November 2015!
For More Information: