Application Deadline: October 18, 2013
Leap Africa in Partnership with Shell Nigeria brings to you the SNEPco Youth Empowerment Programme. Leadership, Effectiveness, Accountability and Professionalism (LEAP) Africa is a non-profit organization committed to developing dynamic, innovative and principled African leaders.
Since 2002, through its core Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) and Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards (ANYLA), LEAP has advanced the cause of youth-led community consciousness for development in Nigeria. Over 30,000 youth have been trained on LEAP’s core youth leadership curriculum, while 65 social change makers have been recognised and celebrated through the ANYLA.
Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company [SNEPco] Youth Empowerment Training is designed to equip young youths in Lagos with soft skills (Values, Leadership and Work Skills) which will enhance their leadership, employability, job creation prospects and competitiveness to achieve an improved quality of life.
100 youths comprising Certificate holders, Polytechnic Diploma holders and graduates in Lagos State will benefit from the Programme.
Goals and Objectives
- Support Youth through the process of looking within to take stock of their lives- dreams, visions for the future, current skills,talents and inclinations.
- Expose youths to the concept of leadership and value skills by offering tools require for personal and community transformation.
- Provide youths with ideas for creating livelihood and work experience through social problems solving.
Do you qualify?
Applicants must meet the following entry requirement to be considered:
- Have a strong interest in developing leadership skills
- Between ages 18 – 35 years.
- Be passionate about community service.
How to Apply
- Like Leap Africa’s page on facebook, www.facebook.com/LEAPAfrica.
- Follow LeapAfrica on twitter,www.twitter.com/leapafricabbr or @leapafrica, mention the programme you are applying for with #tag [eg I Applied #SNEPco #YEP2013]
- Download the application form online www.leapafrica.com