Submission Deadline: October 13 2013
What: 5th Ewha Global Empowerment Program 2013 Winter “Transnational Feminisms and Women’s Activism”
When: January 12 ~ 26, 2014
Where: Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea.
The Ewha Global Empowerment Program EGEP is a two-week residential educational program that takes place twice a year (summer and winter) offeredby Ewha Womans University. According the MOU between Ewha Womans University and UN Women, this program aims to promote education for women and gender equality in Asia and Africa by empowering women working in non-governmental public sectors and by nourishing the next generation of women leader.
Program Goals On completing this program, participants will have:
- improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
- broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
- strengthened their leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
While a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following are the major activities that participants may expect from the program:
- Lecture Seminars
- Open Forum
- Action plans
- Social Hours
- Study Tours to Korean NGO
- Cultural Events
With minimum three years of experience, women activists working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia and Africa, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, including individuals working independently are encouraged to apply for this program.
Number of Participants: 20~25
Selection Criteria The selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
field experience 25%
expertise in women’s issues 25%
potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
contribution to the community 25%
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- A Scanned Copy of Passport
English is the official language of the EGEP.
Ewha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory, and a two-week allowance for all the participants. Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries.
1. Application requirements should be submitted online (http://egep.ewha.ac.kr).
2. All forms are downloadable at the Asian Center for Women’s Studies (http://home.ewha.ac.kr/~acws/eng/).
3. Successful candidates will be informed individually via e-mail on November 15, 2013.
4. Every selected participant is required to submit a 5-page paper regarding women and/or gender issues which will be presented in the Forum.