Application Deadline: June 1st 2014
The World Innovation Summit on Education invites representatives of institutions, organizations, programs and networks around the world to nominate engaged learners from very diverse backgrounds – and with outstanding or original academic/learning experiences – to participate in the WISE Learners’ Voice Program.
WISE is now looking for a further group of outstanding young learners aged 18 to 25 to apply or
be nominated to join this growing global community. They will be invited to attend the WISE Summit in Doha from November 4 to 6, as well as a pre-Summit workshop that will start on November 2, and
will be involved in year-long activities during the rest of 2014 and throughout 2015.
The 2014-15 WISE Learners’ Voice Program requires commitment to two residential sessions (10 days each). The first will take place January 3 – 15 in Doha, Qatar, and the second June 1 – 14 in Madrid, Spain (including travel days). Commitment is also required to other two – to- three – day
WISE Learners’ Voice activities throughout the year such as participation in international education conferences. Qatar Foundation will cover all fares and accommodation costs for the selected Learners.
Learners can either apply personally or be nominated.
- Nominate a learner to take part in the Program
WISE invites representatives of institutions, organizations, programs and networks around the
world to nominate engaged learners with outstanding or original academic/learning experiences to participate in the WISE Learners’ Voice Program.
WISE is seeking to form a group of individuals from diverse educational paths and cultural backgrounds.
- Individual application:
apply personally to take part in the Program WISE is also inviting highly motivated learners to apply for the Learners’ Voice Program by submitting an application form that needs to be endorsed by
Learner Selection Criteria
- Age and status:
Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on November 2, 2014. All students must be considered legal adults in their home country.
Participants must be available to travel to Doha, Qatar, and be able and willing to participate in the full WISE Learners’ Voice event beginning at 9:00 on November 2 , 2014 and ending at 16:00 on November 6 , 2014.
- Participants must be available to take part in two residential sessions (10 days each) January 3 –15 in Doha, Qatar, and June 1– 14 in Madrid, Spain (including travel days), as well as other two – to – three-day WISE Learners’ Voice activities throughout the year.
- Participants must be willing to contribute to online discussions prior to the event and to work with the WISE Team to prepare for a successful WISE Summit.
- Continuing involvement and participation: Participants must be willing to continue their involvement with the WISE initiative following the WISE Summit and participate in other events and activities during the remainder of 2014 and throughout 2015 and beyond.
- All participants must hold a passport that is valid for at least 18 months following the WISE Summit to be held on November 4 – 6, 2014.
- College/university or training program attendance:
All participants should be currently enrolled in (or recently graduated from) a course of study at a recognized college, university or training program.
- Social engagement:
All participants should be able to demonstrate their engagement in wider social networks or communities of practice broadly associated with their studies and their professional interests.
- Professional and wider interests:
Participants should be able to demonstrate interest in education and other wider global development issues.
Participants should be personable and able to work well in multicultural, multinational teams.
- Communication skills:
Participants should be comfortable with presenting and speaking in public.
- Language skills:
All participants should be proficient in spoken and written English.
All nominators and applicants must agree to respect all final participant selection decisions made by the WISE Team. No appeal or claim will be accepted
For More Information:
Visit the Learner’s Voice Blog: http://learnersvoice.tumblr.com/
Contact the WISE Team at [email protected]