Application Deadline: June 30, 2014
The World Bank Young Professional Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as, economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management.
Since its inception, the YP Program has hired over 1,700 people who hold or have held positions ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors. It is a unique opportunity to experience development and gain exposure to the World Bank’s operations and policies.
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1982)
- PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience[?]
- Be fluent in English
- Please note that full proficiency in one or more of the Bank’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required.
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management
- Have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
Before You Apply
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility before completing your application to the Young Professionals Program
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded.
Application Essay for the 2015 Selection Process
Describe in less than 1,000 words the (i) potential role of the World Bank in resolving some of the above challenges, and (ii) your own contribution if you were to work for the World Bank. You may focus on a region or set of countries as well as your area of expertise to describe your proposals.
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory):
- Education Certificates/Transcripts
- PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topic (short summary), if applicable
- Application Essay
- Apply only once. Only your first application will be considered for the Program.
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
- Applicants are asked not to contact the Young Professionals Program or WB staff for information on their application status.
If you meet the minimum requirement:
For More Information: