Application Deadline: August 15 2014
The Aid Innovation Challenge aims to find the next big invention that will help those who supply aid products to developing countries around the world.
Who can enter?
The Aid Innovation Challenge is open to design agencies and engineering companies and also budding young designers and engineers who are not currently working at a company/organisation. It is a unique chance to pitch life-changing inventions to a panel of experts from the community.
There are two categories for the competition:
1. Individuals – Entrants might consist of sole inventors, design or engineering students.
2. Businesses – Entrants might consist of design agencies, manufacturers or suppliers of aid products.
Concepts could include solutions to:
- Assist water or food aid
- Provide better medical care, particularly in rural and basic conditions
- Allow improved sanitation
- Provide better security
- Assist efforts to shelter the homeless
- Enable more people to access education
Criteria for Entries
• The concept must serve the needs of aid relief and either be in current development or have been launched onto the market no earlier than January 2014.
• Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
• All entrants must be able to available to attend the show on 12-13 November 2014 in the event that they are shortlisted.
Prizes are determined by category:
1. The best individual entry will win a grant for £2,500 to develop his/her invention further.
2. The best business entry will win a free 9m2 stand at AidEx 2015
How to Enter
It is free-of-charge to enter the Aid Innovation Challenge.
Entry form – Please click here to complete the online entry form and enter your concept now!
All entries must be submitted before 5pm BST on Friday 15th August.
Each entrant will be required to send over a design or prototype of their concept as part of their entry.
- The best four inventions will be shortlisted; two from each category.
- The entrants will be required to attend AidEx from 12-13 November 2014.
- Shortlisted entrants will be required to create a short video about their concept – discussing the strategy behind it. This will be uploaded onto the AidEx website, as well as other relevant social media platforms prior to the show.
For More Information: