Application Deadline: October 15 2014
- Support: Art Moves Africa supports only the costs of travel, visa and travel insurance for the duration of one month maximum. AMA will not support fees, accommodations, or per-diem
Art Moves Africa (AMA) aims to facilitate cultural and artistic exchanges within the African continent. AMA offers travel grants to artists, arts professionals and cultural operators living and working in Africa to travel within the continent in order to engage in the exchange of information, the enhancement of skills, the development of informal networks and the pursuit of cooperation.
Geographical area of focus:
Art Moves Africa supports all artists and cultural operators living and working in Africa for travels only from an African country to another African country, and between the five African regions. These regions are:
- Central Africa:
Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Sao Tomé and Principe
- East Africa:
Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda
- Southern Africa:
Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- West Africa:
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
- North Africa:
Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia and Western Sahara
Art Moves Africa supports the travel of artists and cultural professionals working in the following artistic fields:
- Performing arts: theatre, dance, story telling…etc
- Visual arts
Art Moves Africa encourages participation at any event, which enables:
- Collaborations with other professionals
- Exchange of information and activities
- Elaboration of projects, practices and ideas
- Improvement of artistic or technical skills
- Discovery of different artistic fields through: cultural professional network meetings, festivals, artists’ residencies, workshops, seminars, lectures, work sessions
- Artists to demonstrate the long term effect of their project
- Artists to share their experience by encouraging networking in their own country
- Professionals seeking wider access to international networks to enhance their careers.
Due to limited funding Art Moves Africa cannot support:
- More than one trip per year per person
- Travel within the same country
- Travel for big productions (rehearsals …)
- Transport of art works (exhibitions…)
- Touring of big companies (performances during a festival or a theatre season, touring of shows).
- Only small scale performances (maximum three people) will be able to apply for travel support
- Professionals travelling on behalf of governmental institutions, highly established organisations, or commercial companies
- Academic research and training
- Fulltime students and amateur
- to request a travel support, applicants must fill in carefully an application form available on AMA web site, answer all the questions and explain the objectives of their travel.
- Application forms have to be sent by email only to the following address: [email protected] before a deadline (Please see below for deadlines)
- Applications are individual, they must be sent by the person planning to travel.
- Companies (Dance, music and theatre groups) planning to travel for a performance are welcomed to apply, with a limit of three people maximum. However, each one of the three members must fill an individual application form, which could be sent by the manager or the administrator of the group
- Please do not send the text of your motivation and of your professional background in separate attached files, because your application will be rejected.
- Please do not send any other attachments with the application, except for the invitation letter
N.B: if you don’t have an invitation letter, please don’t hesitate to send your application. Invitation letter is mandatory, only, in case your application is selected
Please send the application in word format only.
Are automatically rejected: applications not fitting within one of deadlines, collective applications, incomplete, hand written, scanned and PDF format applications, as well as applications not respecting AMA format and updated documents.
- after sending the application, applicants will receive an automatic e-mail confirming the reception and the datewhen they will get an answer from AMA Office
- 15 October 2014 (before 6:00 PM WAT*): for the travels planned from 9 December 2014
- You will get a response indicating the results of selections on 25 November 2014
*WAT: West Africa Time
As a rule, specified projects should begin at least EIGHT WEEKS after a deadline.
Applications must be sent to: [email protected]
For More Information: