Application Deadline: September 30th 2014
Many women in developing and emerging markets have the ideas and ambition to become successful entrepreneurs but are held back by barriers such as lack of access to business skills, technology, networks and finance. In response, the Foundation has developed an innovative solution that combines mentoring with technology to offer cross-border support to women entrepreneurs.
We match women in developing and emerging countries with male and female mentors around the world. Using our online platform, they spend 12 months working one-on-one to achieve key business goals. Participants build their business skills and digital literacy through our trainings, and become part of a global community of committed, ambitious entrepreneurs who are invested in each other’s success.
The programme boosts confidence, improves business performance and ultimately creates wealth for the entrepreneurs supported.
- Running (or about to launch) your own business?
- Nominated by one of our partner organisations?
- Able to commit for one year?
- Able to meet online with a mentor at least two hours a month?
- Willing to complete four feedback questionnaires during the programme?
- Proficient in English (at the intermediate level or above)?
- A woman from – and living in – a developing or emerging country?
- Able to access the internet and email weekly?
- Passionate about working with a mentor and joining an international community of entrepreneurs?
If so, you could join the Cherie Blair Foundation’s mentoring community and start your mentoring relationship in November 2014.
- If selected, you’ll be invited to participate in an online training course.
- It takes 2.5 hours to complete and can be done in multiple sittings.
- Before being matched, all mentees and mentors go through our online training.
- This ensures you are able to start the programme with the knowledge and tools you need to build a productive mentoring relationship and use our online platform.
- It not only builds a good foundation for starting this programme, but also helps you build skills that you can transfer to your work and professional lives.
- If you pass the training test successfully, our team will work to match you with a mentee/mentor.
- The Foundation matches mentees and mentors based on the needs expressed by the mentees and the interests and expertise of the mentors.
- Special care is taken in getting to know our participants and use a special matching algorithm built with Google to assess compatibility.
- There is great value in inter-cultural exchange and an outside perspective, so you could be matched with a mentor from over 45 different countries!
For More Information: