Deadline: December 15 2013
ETH Zurich supports excellent students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH with two scholarship programmes:
- Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) students receive a special scholarship for the duration of their programme as well as specific supervision. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during their Master’s degree course.
- Master Scholarship Programme (MSP) students receive a partial stipend during their Master’s degree course and the offer of an assistantship.
The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students both from the ETH and from other universities (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich.
The prerequisite is a very good result in their Bachelor’s. Students must belong to the best 10 percent of their Bachelor’s programme.
The application consists of
- an application form (the same for both programmes)
- a letter of motivation
- a pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis (see the separate guidelines on how to write a pre-proposal (PDF, 23 KB) )
- letters of recommendation from two professors
- The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering
- living and study expenses (CHF 1,750 per month) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
- The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters).
- It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation.
- 2.The Master Scholarship Programme consists of a
- partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 850 per month during the first semester and CHF 600 per month from the second semester onwards) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
- After the first semester there is the possibility of taking on an assistantship (with a payment of CHF 600 per month).
Download the Application form
For More Information: