Application Deadline: October 5th 2014
The Global Teacher Prize is an annual one million dollar award from the Varkey GEMS Foundation to be given to a super-special teacher. One innovative and caring teacher who has made an inspirational impact on their students and their community will receive the reward of a lifetime. If you’re a teacher currently teaching children in a compulsory setting or between the ages 5-18, you can apply today. If you know a teacher who deserves to win the Global Teacher Prize, you can nominate a teacher.
The Academy will look for evidence of:
- Recognition of a teacher’s achievements in the classroom and beyond from pupils, colleagues, head-teachers or members of the wider community.
- Preparing children to be global citizens in a world where they will encounter people from many different religions, cultures and nationalities.
- Employing innovative and effective instructional practices and achieving demonstrable student learning outcomes in the classroom.
- Developing and sharing innovative thought leadership that has improved access to quality teaching and education for children of all backgrounds.
- Contributing to public debates on raising the bar of the teaching profession, whether through writing articles, blogs, media participation, social media campaigns, events or conferences.
- Accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide unique and distinguished models of excellence for the teaching profession.
- Encouraging others to join the teaching profession.
Why apply for the Global Teacher Prize?
• Potential for national and international recognition of your achievements — Special Commendation for outstanding applicants in each region
• Potential to be invited to the Global Education and Skills Forum 2015 in Dubai as one of 10 Finalists
• Potential to win the Global Teacher Prize and receive prize of US$1 million
• Potential to have the Varkey GEMS Foundation make introductions to organisations who may be able to support relevant projects submitted by applicants.
For More Information: