Application Deadline: 16th April 2023, 23h59 SAST
Sasol Women In Mining Incubator Programme (Sasol WIM) is a year-long leadership and business development opportunity for South African women entrepreneurs with an early-stage mining business or start up looking to grow, scale and prepare to be investor ready.
Sasol WIM kicks off in May 2023 with a hybrid (virtual and in-person) masterclass series focused on idea and business incubation, leadership development, funding, and pitch readiness. Fully funded in-person entrepreneurship bootcamp-type masterclasses, facilitated workshops with subject matter experts, mentorship and financial coaching follow over the programme, ending in January 2024.
- Applicants must identify as women and serve as founders or co-founders of a mining business/enterprise.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18.
- There is no upper age limit.Individual applicants must be citizens of South Africa. \
- For teams of two or more, the main applicant must be a citizen of South Africa.
- The innovation or business/enterprise must be based in South Africa.
- Applicants’ business must be in the mining industry, although are not required to be an engineering graduate or student themselves.
- The applicant’s business can be any new or innovative product, technology, or service, based in mining.
- Applicants should have a registered early-stage mining business and/or start-up.
- Applicants must be able to commit to the year-long programme commencing in May 2023 to January 2024.
- Entrepreneurial and personal development focus on building expertise in commercializing and scaling your business.
- Practical insights into growing your business.
- Exposure to investors and funders in the African landscape.
- Interaction with fellow innovators across Africa.
- Access to one-on-one mentorship and venture clinics with subject matter experts.
- Only applications completed through the online application form will be accepted.
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is 16th April 2023, 23h59 SAST
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted by 24th April 2023.
Application and Programme Timeline:
- Applications open: 27th March 2023
- Applications close: 16th April 2023
- Successful candidates notified: 24th April 2023
- Programme Commencement: 2nd May 2023
- Programme Support: May 2023 to January 2024
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Sasol Women In Mining Incubator Programme 2023