Application Deadline: May 29th 2021
DOT Kenya seeks to engage 30 young vibrant leaders from different parts of the country, who are passionate about entrepreneurship and community impact, to be part of our Daring to shift: Social Entrepreneurship program for a period of 12 months beginning July 1, 2021.
DOT Kenya’s Daring to Shift program is designed to embody DOT’s youth led mission through incorporating youth voices and building the leadership capacity of outstanding youth within the DOT network and from communities that DOT Kenya works. The D2S Social Innovators program will provide strategic and specialist advice to upcoming Social Entrepreneurs and help them to establish impactful businesses within their communities.
The D2S Social innovators program will provide entrepreneurial training to over 90 young men and women across Kenya in a period of 3 years. Every year, the program will seek to support 30 young people to start and launch impactful enterprises within their communities.
Qualifications and Required Skills
The aspiring Social Innovator is expected to have the following qualifications:
- Be a Woman aged between 19-35 Years Old
- From the following regions: Nairobi and its environs, Central, Western Kenya and Kisumu, Rift Valley and Coastal Region
- MUST have a BUSINESS IDEA that can impact the community
- Availability for the next one year
- Be self-motivated,
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and works well with others;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, speak local language proficiently or with full fluency;
- Ability to work efficiently and promptly with team members and stakeholders
- Comfort with using email email/GoogleHangout/ Skype/ SMS/instant messaging as a primary means of communication is a must –
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Have access to a smartphone or a computer.
- Access to Entrepreneurial training from ideation to launch
- Acceleration Program
- Business Coaching
- Seed funding
Interested candidates can apply by filling the form provided.
For More Information: