Application Deadline: August 31st 2014
The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) awards grants to women from developing and middle-income countries to further their education and strengthen the professional and leadership skills they need to improve the lives of women and children.
The South Africa Grants Program is currently accepting applications from women enrolled at the following universities in South Africa: University of Witwatersrand, University of Stellenbosch, University of Pretoria and University of Cape Town.
Eligible applicants are women from developing countries currently enrolled at the University of Witwatersrand, University of Stellenbosch, University of Pretoria and University of Cape Town in South Africa. A candidate applying for the MMMF grant from South Africa universities must meet all of the following criteria:
- Has a record of service (paid and/or volunteer) to women and children in the developing world.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improve the lives of women and children in the developing world through field of study and/or topic of research.
- Plan to return to her country (or other developing country) within two years of completing her degree and intends to work to improve the lives of women and/or children.
- Demonstrates financial need by providing relevant financial information.
- Be enrolled at one of the universities in Argentina, Columbia, Mexico and Peru as mentioned above for the full academic year in which the application is submitted and intend to be enrolled for the subsequent year covered by the grant.
- Be a national of an eligible developing or middle-income country (see Country Eligibility List) and residing in one of the four above mentioned countries.
- Demonstrate good academic performance at the university where she is registered.
- Be at least 25 years of age by the relevant application deadline.
- Not be an immediate or extended family member of any World Bank Group, IMF or Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) staff member or their spouse.
- Not received a MMMF grant in any prior year.
Choose one of the following options to start/access your online application:
First Time User: Register to apply
Returning User: Log-in to continue with application
Two (2) recommendation forms are required. Please make sure to fill out the referees section in the Online Application form because this will be used to send a reminder to your referee.
- One recomendation must be from a professor from your present institution.
- The second recomendation may be from a former professor/supervisor from your country or from individuals who have known you for at least two semesters.
- Click here to download the recommendation form
- The recommendation forms must be filled-out and submitted to [email protected], by 31 August 2014
For More Information: