The application deadlines:
In 2015 there will be two calls for funding with deadlines on 21 January and 15 May.
The application period begins six weeks before each respective deadline
The Creative Force programme provides funding for collaborative projects involving organisations in Sweden and in the countries specified below. Projects should aim to promote human rights, transparency and democracy with the aid of initiatives in the fields of culture and the media.
Applicants may be civil society organisations, foundations, public sector agencies, private sector agencies or other professional actors. Private individuals may not apply for funding under the programme.
The Creative Force programme comprises five geographic areas:
- Creative Force Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Creative Force Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen
- Creative Force Western Balkans and Turkey: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey. NB: Montenegro is new as of 2015.
- Creative Force Eastern Europe: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldavia, Ukraine. NB: Armenia and Azerbaijan are new as of 2015.
- Creative Force Russia: Russia (especially North-western Russia and North Caucasus)
Creative Force Africa
Creative Force Africa aims to promote freedom of speech and the development of democratic structures, with particular emphasis on women’s rights. These aims shall be achieved via mutual learning processes and sustainable networks between actors in the fields of culture and the media in Sweden
Projects may be carried out in Sweden and/or in one or more of the programme countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
Priority will be given to initiatives that are carried out in programme countries and to regional collaborations.
The primary target group for Creative Force funding are actors for change and opinion-makers in the fields of culture and the media.
Types of funding and duration
Creative Force Africa offers two types of funding:
- Seed funding is available for such purposes as contact visits, exchanges of experts and planning trips. There are two calls for seed funding per year. Maximum project duration is from the application deadline until 31/12 of the same year. The maximum amount that can be applied for is SEK 100,000.
- Funding for Collaborative projects is intended for larger-scale initiatives. In 2015 the maximum project duration is from the application deadline until 31/12. Applications are accepted in the range SEK 100,000 − SEK 300,000
For More Information: