Application Deadline: 12th September 2017.
Since its founding by women’s rights activists in 1991, the 16 Days Campaign has been used as an organising strategy by individuals, groups and women’s rights organisations around the world to call for the elimination of all forms of violence against women. Ending violence against women has been at the centre of AWDF’s work for several years. As part of AWDF’s support to the cause to eliminate VAW, AWDF supports the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign by awarding grants to women’s organisations in Africa to organise and coordinate activities around the event.
The African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) is therefore putting out a call for proposals for activities to mark 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence in 2017. To support the 2017 global campaign to end violence against women, AWDF will fund small sized women’s rights organisations on the African continent to lend their voice to the campaign as well as participate in activities that will end all forms of violence against women and girls in their communities. The focus for this year’s call will be on eliminating violence against women and girls living with disabilities.
AWDF would therefore give priority to projects that:
- Raise awareness, using innovative and community driven activities, about violence against women and girls living with disabilities
- Provide a platform for women and girls with disabilities to amplify their voices and speak against gender based violence issues
- Combat violence against women and girls living with disabilities
The current call is opened from 16th August to 12th September 2017. Applicants are to send in proposals with innovative and effective advocacy strategies to address issues around eliminating violence against women and girls living with disabilities.
- Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
- Must be duly registered, at least with its local government structure
- Must be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights
- Must have the needed organisational structures for effective implementation of
- Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received
- Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF or the local government office
- Must complete the necessary application forms
- Must have an annual budget not more than $100,000
Grant Size & Period
The grant size is $2,000. Therefore eligible projects should have a budget of not more than $2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds. The grant period will be for 4 months from the date of award.
How to Apply
Interested small sized women’s rights organisations should send in their proposals using the required application guidelines to the AWDF secretariat via email to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant must also complete and include a financial management assessment form and an outcome form.
NOTE: Please note that this is a very competitive process. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Find the full application guidelines and required forms below.
For More Information: