Application Deadline: 15th November 2015
Impact Amplifier with funding from the DOEN Foundation, together with various partners (GreenCape, Innovation Hub), have created the Eco-Innovators Investment Readiness Program. This is a five-month long program designed for businesses in the environmental goods and services sector, to prepare for expansion and funding.
The programme will offer entrepreneurs the skills, knowledge, documentation and support required to secure investment for their businesses. The Programme addresses:
- Constructing an Impact Case;
- Market access, sales and distribution;
- Strategic planning;
- Financial modelling and planning;
- Writing an Investment case to secure funding;
- Pitching to investors; and
- Connecting with partners in the business ecosystem, including multinational companies, NGOs and governments.
Entrepreneurs from anywhere in South Africa may apply.
- The participants meet every two weeks where one of the eight programme modules is delivered.
- Post each module, over the next two weeks, the participants work on this aspect of the investment readiness process in preparation for the next meeting.
- Participants are also each assigned an individual mentor, which supports their work between the modules.
- This process allows for the participants to build the investment readiness strategy best suited for their business.
Impact Amplifier is seeking applications, which have the potential for growth from the environmental goods and services sector.
The type of businesses, which can apply include, but are not exclusive to the following:
- Alternative Energy – waste to energy, biofuels, solar, wind and others;
- Energy efficiency;
- Solid waste reuse and effluent treatment;
- Clean water;
- Sustainable agriculture; and
- Ecological building.
- The programme cost over R100,000 per participant to deliver.
- However, each entrepreneur in the programme will only be asked to make a nominal contribution of R3,000 toward the food and venue hire required.
- This contribution is also based on the reality that people place more value on what they pay for.
For More Information: