Application Deadline: October 21st 2016
The Mideast Creatives program aims to support a more sustainable cultural and creative sector in the Southern Mediterranean region; to be achieved by means of providing support to coworking spaces and creative spaces in the creative industries.
In order to increase the knowledge exchange of creative hubs, Hivos Mideast Creatives is launching a Mobility grant scheme for creative hubs based in the Southern Mediterranean region.
The Mobility grant is set up to boost peer-to-peer work and collaboration as well as knowledge exchange possibilities for Southern Mediterranean based Creative hubs.
A Creative hub is a place which brings creative people together. It is a convenor, providing space and support to networking, business development and community engagement within the creative, cultural and tech sectors.
Mideast Creatives will provide a mobility grant to 10 Creative hub leaders to experience working in a different Creative hubs in the Southern Mediterranean region. There are also 5 mobility grants for Creative hubs leaders to experience working in a different Creative hub in one of the 28 EU member states, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Turkey, Norway and Iceland. The grants have a value of 2000 EUR.
Peers are encouraged to spend at least 5 full working days in the hosting Creative hub. There are no upper limitations on the amount of time peers want/can spend in a fellow Creative hub.
eligible countries for applicants?
Southern Mediterranean region: Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel/Palestine.
Eligible Destination countries
Southern Mediterranean region: Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel/Palestine, the 28 EU member states, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Turkey, Norway and Iceland.
- Supporting peer learning and sharing of knowledge and resources.
- Stimulating collaborative projects amongst Creative hubs
- Inspiring transnational co-creation and collaboration.
Hivos Mideast are looking to engage professionals leading Creative hub across the Southern Mediterranean region who fit the following profile:
- Based in Southern Mediterranean region
- Be a founder or staff member of an established or emerging space (and everything in between)
- Running multidisciplinary or sector specific creative hub.
- Willing to connect and share experience and knowledge with other managers across the Southern Mediterranean region or Europe.
Application and selection procedure
Creative hub managers / founders across the Southern Mediterranean region are invited to apply for the Mobility grant by filling in the following documentation:
- Application form (Click to download)
- Bank account details (Click to download)
- Letter of agreement from the hosting Creative hub
Applicants should make sure all the documents in the application pack are fully filled-in and signed where relevant. We ask applicants to provide us with their bank details and a signed letter of agreement in order to ensure a speedy process of transferring the grant in case of award.
The applicant should submit the 3 documents duly filled-in together with their CV (max. 2 pages), all in pdf format, only by e-mail to [email protected], with subject line: Mobility grant application – Round 1 by October, 21st at the latest. Applications can be submitted in English or French.
Mobility grant timeline (Round 1)
- Application deadline: October, 22nd at the latest.
- Travel period: November, 1st to January, 31st to the latest.
Round 2 will be launched on March, 15th 2017.
For More Information: