Application Deadline: Monday 24 October 2016
The AIG Scholarships are postgraduate awards to support outstanding individuals in undertaking the Masters of Public Policy (MPP) programme at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford, and provide them with a transformative experience. There are five AIG Scholarships available for 2017-2018 that cover fees, accommodation and living expenses.
To achieve its objectives, the AIG will fund scholarships for outstanding Nigerians and Ghanaians to undertake intensive post-graduate world-class training in governance and public policy.
AIG have entered into a partnership with the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) to provide this training. Beginning in 2017, five scholarships will be awarded to Nigerian and Ghanaian candidates to attend the BSG and undergo a Master’s of Public Policy (MPP) degree. Upon graduation, AIG scholars will be expected to return home and apply their learning experience as change agents in their home country’s public sector.
The AIG Scholarship Programme is targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35, some of whom may have work experience. The scholars will be exceptionally intelligent graduates who have excelled academically as well as in other areas of their lives.
- Citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Age between 25 and 35 years
- Achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to Oxford University and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline.
- Strong commitment to public service and a willingness to commit to working for a fixed number of years in your country’s public sector
- Exceptional leadership qualities
- Impeccable moral character.
Scholarship applications will open on Monday 10 October, and close on Monday 24 October.
For More Information: