Application Deadline: 30th April 2023.
UNFPA works to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. To empower young people, UNFPA Ghana launched the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Programme which aligns with the United Nations’ Youth Strategy that calls on UN agencies to “increase impact and expand global, regional and country-level action to address the needs, build the agency, and advance the rights of young people in all their diversity”, as well as, UNFPA’s Youth Strategy, « My Body, My Life, My World ».
The YoLe Fellowship is a one-year programme designed to empower Fellows to be innovative and transformational Leaders. It builds the capacity of young people by providing opportunities for professional and career development in the area of leadership at various levels and in different sectors, including within the UN system. Fellows also have access to one-on-one high-level mentorship and coaching from high achieving personalities within different sectors.
The applicant must be:
● Aged between 18 – 30 years
● A graduate of a tertiary institution in Ghana
● Able to commit to the Fellowship duration (one year)
● Proactive and possess strong interpersonal skills
● Proficient in English (possess working knowledge of English) — (important for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English).
● Passionate about Leadership, SRHR, Social Entrepreneurship which includes agribusiness, innovation, and artificial intelligence (ai) and demonstrate a desire to make a difference in their community: specifically, demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate, passionate about contributing towards Ghana’s aspirations on Agenda 2030 (See http://www.unfpa.org/about- us)
If you meet the above criteria, then the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Ghana invites you to apply for the 5th Cohort of the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Programme (June 2023 – May 2024).
Interested applicants should submit:
1. An application letter (not more than one page), stating your professional goals and why you are applying for the Fellowship
3. Legal evidence of age
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the UNFPA Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program 2023