Application deadline is 12 midnight of November 30th, 2013
WAAW FOUNDATION 2014 Scholarship Application opens September 1, 2013.
WAAW is pleased to announce its 2014 scholarships, offering $500/year for need-based female African students admitted to a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa. WAAW Foundation is a U.S. based non-profit organization focused on Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women. WAAW promotes Science and Technology education among African girls, and works to ensure they are engaged in technology innovation for Africa.
- Female students of African origin living in Africa,
- less than 32 years,
- have gained Undergraduate admission to a University or College in Africa and studying a Science,Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related degree course.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need and excellent academic record. Special consideration is given to underprivileged students such as orphans, girls impacted by HIV or students in first or second year of study.
- *Please note that WAAW does not fund graduate (masters, MBA or phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees.
Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500 for the 2014 academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Prior scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
The Application Process: WAAW will accept online applications from September 1 through November 30, 2013. Applications submitted prior to this date will not be received or reviewed. Scholarship applications are reviewed by the WAAW foundation Scholarship Committee, and awards are announced by February 2014.
Application deadline is 12 midnight of November 30th, 2013. Instructions on how to apply are below.
How to Apply:
- Visit the WAAW foundation web site at http://www.waawfoundation.org/scholarships and complete the application form online.
- Follow the application instructions carefully.
- You must finish your application in one sitting. You will be required to write essays on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- We also require two letters of recommendation, from academic mentors and or job supervisors. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to mail current University transcripts directly to WAAW Foundation by November 30, 2013. Application documents must be submitted electronically via our online forms.
- We will not be accepting paper applications this year.
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/waawfoundation.
Submitting your application
Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. Application may be completed online. Click Here to Begin your application.
For further information or inquiries please email:
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded fromhttp://www.waawfoundation.org/WAAW_Scholarship/ScholarshipReferenceLetter.pdf and emailed to
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be mailed to:
WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
*Scanned copies of transcripts may be emailed prior to originals arriving.
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
Examples of courses that are not eligible to apply: Nursing, ICT, diploma, mass communication, Social Sciences, Accounting, Business administration, Economics, Education. etc
For More Information: