Nominations Deadline: January 30, 2014.
PopTech and the Rockefeller Foundation hereby invites applications for the annual call for nominations of the Bellagio/PopTech Fellows program.
The Bellagio/PopTech Fellows Program is a joint Fellows program that brings together small, interdisciplinary groups of five to six hand-selected designers, economists, technologists, artists and social innovators for a two-week immersion at the Rockefeller Foundation’s renowned Bellagio Center on the shores of Lake Como, Italy.
The Bellagio/PopTech Fellows program is designed to be a unique incubator of unconventional, cross-disciplinary collaboration around critical topics relevant to the lives of poor and vulnerable populations, and also serves as a laboratory for the study of the nature of collaboration itself as a profound tool for creative problem-solving and solution development.
The 2014 program is focused on reinventing and democratizing livelihoods.
- The program is seeking candidates from relevant fields such as design, economics, technology, art and social innovation.
- A diverse cohort of Fellows will be chosen for their technical and creative excellence and their demonstrated ability to work and think across disciplines.
- Candidates must have an easy working proficiency in English, as the Fellows program will be held in English.
- Nominations of candidates from diverse backgrounds are welcome, and nominations of candidates from and/or based in Africa, Asia, or Latin America are strongly encouraged.
- Candidates may work in the for-profit, non-profit, academic, government or other sectors.
Candidates may be self-nominated, or nominated by someone else.
Selections will be finalized in May 2014. Fellows will be informed of their status as soon as a decision has been made.
For More Information:
E-mail: [email protected] with any questions.