Beginning with the next class, MEST will go from a 2 year program, to a 1 year intensive program.
With this change, MEST hopes that a broader number and variety of candidates from different backgrounds will now be able to quickly acquire the skills they launch technology companies.
The Melwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) offers a twelve-month, full-time, fully sponsored training program in which the students – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – learn about software development and entrepreneurship from Senior Faculty, who each bring more than 20 years of experience in the software business in the United States, Europe, or Asia. EITs also benefit from working with university graduates from around the world who serve as Teaching Fellows.
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed so that EITs master industry-proven methodologies for software development. This coursework is supplemented by a series of guest lectures, featuring the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs.
Every year, MEST trainees are recruited from among the brightest and most driven university graduates from Ghana. Starting this year, MEST is also accepting students from Nigeria. The trainees come from diverse academic backgrounds, including French, Theater, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, and the Social Sciences.
- Applicants must have a degree in ANY field from a Ghanaian or Nigerian university or technical college
- A desire to start a software company
- A completely-filled online application form
- Applicants from Nigeria must have completed their NYSC
- A desire to make a difference
- A strong interest in technology and software
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self motivation, as well as the ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
- Strong interest in teamwork
- The ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Proven academic excellence
- Full Scholarship: All EITs receive a full scholarship. Tuition is covered by MEST.
- Three Meals a Day : Prepared and served by MEST’s catering staff.
- Free Housing : EITs are housed at a student hostel for the duration of the twelve-month program, free of charge.
- Monthly Stipend : MEST provides each EIT with a small monthly stipend for the duration of the twelve-month program.
Application Screening / Selection Process
1. Aptitude Test
- Kumasi – Saturday 2nd May 2015 (WAEC Hall, Hall4), Time: 10:00am – 12:30pm prompt
- Accra – Sunday 3rd May 2015 (Jones Quartey Building, Behind the African Studies Dept. at the Univ. of Ghana), Time: 12noon – 2:30pm prompt)
- Lagos – To be announced soon
2. Phone Interviews: mid-May
3. 1st Group Interview: late-May
4. 2nd Group Interview and one-on-one interviews: Early June
5. Successful candidates announced: Late June
- Offers Sent Out By June 20th 2015
- Screening and Interviews in Accra : April 2nd 2015 – May 20th 2015
- School Opens : August 18th, 2015
- Offers Sent Out By June 30th 2015
- Screening and Interviews in Lagos – Completed by June 15th 2015
- School Opens – August 18th 2015
For More Information: