Application Deadline: 28th February 2015.
The AECF Agribusiness Africa Window (AAW) is a special fund of the AECF that is open to business ideas across Africa. The AECF AAW supports business ideas in the fields of agribusiness, financial services and value chains which extend across Africa and international markets. Business ideas that qualify for funding must have positive impact on the rural poor: delivering increased employment reduced costs and improved productivity poor.
AECF AAWR2 IS SEEKING:
- an agribusiness operating, or planning to operate, in an African country.
- a business idea that combines commercial success with a positive impact on hundreds or thousands of poor farmers.
- a business introducing an innovation and planning to do something that has not been done in your country before.
- a business planning to invest, or expand investments, in crop, livestock or aquaculture production, processing, packaging, marketing, or exports.
- a financial institution planning to engage in the agricultural sector, or an information provider for farmers or agribusinesses.
- Your company is a private for-profit company, partnership or sole trader.
- The total funds requested from AECF must be at least US$ 250,000 and no more than US$1,500,000.
- Your company (including 3rd parties such as co-investors or banks and other lenders) is providing matching funds of at least 50% of the total cost of the business idea i.e. at least as much as the funds requested from AECF.
- The funding request is for a specific, new and innovative business idea in agribusiness,input supply, production, processing, market distribution and information or financial services in support of agribusiness.
- The business idea will be implemented in Africa.
- You must demonstrate that the project will have a development impact in rural areas.
- Your company must demonstrate “additionally” i.e. that the project would not go ahead without AECF funding or that, if it would go ahead anyway, it would be at a much reduced pace or scale
To apply to AAWR2, you need to register your business by providing your contact details, some information about your company and a valid email address. During the registration process, you must also read and accept the AECF Terms and Conditions that are standard for all AECF competitions.
Once you are registered, you will be able to download the AAWR2 application form template and the guidance notes to help you fill in the application form
For More Information: