Application Deadline: August 30th 2014
The 2014 West Africa Civil Society Leadership Institute
October 13 – 24, 2014
Target Countries: Liberia, Ghana, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Nigeria.
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) with support from the Ford Foundation is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to its maiden edition of the Civil Society Leadership Institute (CSLI) for West Africans. This programme is designed in response to the need to consciously and consistently groom the next generation of civil society leaders in the region.
The Institute seeks to empower middle-level practitioners within civil society in the region with competencies to occupy leadership positions within the sector.
Target Group and Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria;
- Be at the middle management (or a level lower than the executive director position)
- Be nationals from and/or working in The Gambia, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Liberia.
- Must have a minimum of two years of work experience in their current organisation.
- Must have demonstrated leadership or critical problem-solving skills in their current or previous job.
- Must be willing to return to their current organisations and stay for at least one year.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents on or before 30 August 2014 to [email protected]
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Filled and signed application form submitted in word or pdf. format.
- A letter of motivation stating why you should be considered for this programme and how it will add value to your current role and prepare you for the next level. Applicants should indicate how the skills gained would enhance their leadership skills. This must be written in not more than 500 words.
- A letter of endorsement from the head of your current organisation stating how your participation in this programme would benefit the organisation.
Course Dates: October 13 – 24, 2014.
Application Deadline: 30 August 2014. Applications after this deadline will not be considered.
Download application form.
For More Information: