Submission Deadline: January 5 2015
Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs announces its sixth annual International Essay Contest, open to teachers and students anywhere in the world.
ESSAY TOPIC: What would you like to see happen during this century to make the world a better place?
- Style: Op-ed style (not academic, footnoted papers)
- Length: 1,000 to 1,500 words
- Format: Word document, or email. English language entries only.
- Limit: One entry per person.
This competition is open to teachers and students of all nationalities.
All teachers, at whatever level, are eligible.
All students, from high school students through graduate students, are eligible. Non-students are automatically disqualified.
Collaborative essays between students and teachers are welcome.
Previous winners and honorable mentions are not eligible.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Join the free Global Ethics Network (GEN) website: www.globalethicsnetwork.org.
2. Post your essay in the blog section and tag it with #betterfuturecontest.
3. Please include the following:
* Your full name.
* The name of your school.
* Indicate whether you are a teacher or a student, and at what level (high school, undergraduate, postgraduate).
COMPETITION DEADLINE: January 5, 2015
1st prize: $250 Amazon Gift Certificate
2nd prize: $150 Amazon Gift Certificate
3rd prize: $75 Amazon Gift Certificate
All winners also receive a copy of Ethics & International Affairs: A Reader.
Any questions? Please contact Jenna Zhang at [email protected].