- Innovative mobile application services (e.g mobile health, mobile payments, etc).
- Intelligent Transport Systems.
Who can participate?
- Individuals must be of age of majority in their country at the time of registration. Individuals may form teams and submit entries on behalf of their teams. All individuals who join teams must meet the eligibility requirements.
- Organizations must be legally established entities (profit, non-profit, academic) or public sector organizations in their respective countries.
- Best App – Individual/SME (small and medium enterprise) with a cash prize of USD 5,000
- Best App Corporate (no cash prize)
- Honourable mentions – Individual/SME (no cash prize)
- Honourable mentions Corporate (no cash prize)
1. Individual/SME (small and medium enterprise):Individuals and organizations (profit, non-profit) with fewer than 50 employees.
2. Corporate: Public sector organizations of any size, and legally established entities (profit, non-profit, academic) with 50 or more employees.
SubmissionAll submissions must be made in English in electronic format to ITU through its FTP area. Only submissions to this FTP area will be accepted. The submission period will run from 16:00 hours CET, 28 January 2013 until 16:00 hours CET, 12 March 2013. A submission must be comprised of:
- a software application,
- screenshots in “.ppt” or “.pdf” format illustrating the application’s proposed features and functions,
- a short video in WMV format lasting a maximum of five minutes that demonstrates how the application runs,
- a description of the application, including a detailed concept Paper (maximum of 3,000 words) describing how the submitted application would improve the quality of life of people in developing countries, including a section on the new areas for standardization which this application could give rise to.
ITU will acknowledge the receipt of the submission by e-mail.
- Registration period: 22 November 2012 – 22 January 2013
- Submission period: 28 January 2013 – 12 March 2013
- Prizes awarded during World Information Society Day on 17 May 2013
For More Information: Visit the Application Page of the ITU ICT Innovation Application Challenge.