Application Deadline: October 18th 2015
First launched in 2013, the Lexus Design Award is an international design competition that targets up-and-coming creators from around the world. The award seeks to foster the growth of ideas that contribute to society by supporting creators whose works can help to shape a better future. It provides an unique opportunity for 4 finalists to work with globally recognized designers as mentors. Their design prototypes will then be exhibited at one of the design calendar’s most important event
The theme for the LEXUS DESIGN AWARD 2016 is ‘Anticipation’. LEXUS strives to develop products and services by anticipating the needs of people and society. This year’s applicants are encouraged to submit innovative designs and unique interpretations that are true to the essence of the theme.
- The Lexus Design Award 2016 (The Contest) is open to professionals, students and design enthusiasts from every country in the world and only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry.
- Minors and individuals who have no or only limited legal capacity may not participate.
- 12 entrants will be selected as finalists to deliver presentations on their exhibited works at Milan Design Week 2016
- 4 of those finalists will be provided with up to 3 million yen each to work with a world-class mentor to create a physical prototype of their design
- The Grand Prix winner of the Lexus Design Award will be selected from among the 4 finalists through final review by a panel of judges
There is no limit on the number of entries per person. If you are entering more than one Work, please submit each Work separately. Images and text must be in digital format. Entries will NOT be accepted via physical delivery.
The Work may be produced in any medium but must be submitted as low res JPEG (JPG) or GIF format.Up to 6 images can be uploaded (either single or composition images).
All digital image files must be:
– 200 KB or smaller (a low-res version of your original Work).
– must be of exact width of 818 pixels / 72 dpi,
– RGB color mode
– Video upload is not mandatory
The voluntary addition of up to 2 video files can be included (in FLV format only) and each must be a maximum of 10 MB /each. Please keep the original high-res Work for publication and exhibition purposes. You will be requested to provide them only if the Work is among the shortlisted.
- Mid-NOVEMBER 2015 : Finalist Screening Session
- JANUARY – MARCH 2016 : Prototype Production
- APRIL 2016 : Grand-Prix Selection / Prize Giving Ceremony
- MAY 2016 : World Touring Exhibition
The shortlist and the Finalists will be selected on the basis of a design which is:
(i) True to the essence of ‘ANTICIPATION’ with uniqueness in its interpretation;
(ii) Consistent with the image of Lexus ‘DESIGN
For More Information: