Application Deadline: June 30 2014
Do you want to set up headquarters in an entrepreneurial hub like the UK as a long term plan to grow your startup?
UK Trade & Investment, a government department, is running a competition to win places on the Sirius Programme.
Sirius brings together a vibrant mix of creative and innovative start-ups and multi-nationals working together across the UK, including country wide hubs and hotspots of creativity and innovation. It is designed to create the next generation of successful entrepreneurs and tomorrow’s global businesses.
If you already have an idea you’ve been putting into practice, enter the ‘Business stream’
If you have an initial concept that hasn’t been put into practice yet, this is the right stream for you
Applicants must be a Team of either 2 or 3 Members. No Team Members must be left in the country of origin, the full Team must re-locate to the UK.
Only 1 Team Member can be a UK Citizen. For example a team of:
- 2 people – 1 non-UK Citizen and 1 UK Citizen OR 2 non-UK citizens.
- 3 people – 2 non-UK Citizens and 1 UK Citizen OR 3 non-UK Citizens.
Only 1 Team Member can have graduated before 2012. For example a team of:
- 2 people – 1 Graduate since 2012 and 1 Graduate before 2012 OR 2 Graduates since 2012
- 3 people – 2 Graduates since 2012 and 1 Graduate before 2012 OR 3 Graduates since 2012
If successful, teams must:
- Transfer the Intellectual Property to the UK through an Intellectual Property Agreement
- Set up their business Head Quarters (HQ) in the UK
- Stay at the Accelerators premises for the duration of the 12 months
The package is intended to provide the right mentorship, networks and support in gaining clients to help you build a successful business in the UK.
- Each successful applicant receives financial support of £12,000, paid out in regular instalments
- Graduate Entrepreneur’s visa – endorsed by UKTI
- Welcome pack on arrival providing all the basic information that is needed to set up home in the UK
- Introduction to a bank to set-up fast track bank account
- Place on an appropriate accelerator programme (including office space, mentoring and other services). In spring 2014, Sirius accelerators were classed within the top 10 in the UK.
Mentorship and Support
- High profile support from key business individuals and successful entrepreneurs
- A world class, experienced and successful mentor that will help kick start your networks, access to clients and funding to help you build a successful business
Networking and support
- Peer group activities and an introduction to appropriate networks on arrival in the UK
- Being part of an existing cluster of successful start-up companies on arrival in the UK
- A base in the capital: a drop in centre in London to facilitate meetings & interactions with investors and customers
- Support for business development services (meeting bookings, event management, recruitment) to help grow the business
Help getting customers
- Sales training – how to close a deal for the first customers
- Support to access potential partners, customers and investors
For More Information: