Application Deadline: 30th of August 2015.
The forum is scheduled for September 11-12th in commemoration of the International Day of Peace. This will be celebrated under the theme: Enhancing Multicultural Dialogue for Peace and Security in Africa.
Venue of the Workshop will be communicated to all applicants by September 4th, 2015.
CRITERIA FOR YOUTH PARTICIPANTS
- Selection Process: Participants will be selected on the basis of motivation and experience.
- The organizers will ensure balance in terms of age, gender, geography and diversity among selected participants.
- Age: youth participants should be between 15-35 years of age
- Experience and Leadership: Participants must demonstrate leadership and interest in peace building, conflict management and resolution through examples of initiatives they have undertaken at the community or national level.
- Networks: Participants must be members of or affiliated with civil society organizations, network or movement working with and for youth empowerment and development.
- Participants must also be able to demonstrate innovations and creativity on how they can disseminate the outcomes of the meeting to a wider network.
- Language: Working languages will be English and French.
LOGISTICS & SELECTION INFORMATION
- Full and / or partial sponsorship will be awarded to 20 young people.
- Leaders of Minority communities and indigenous groups are highly encouraged to apply.
- Young people applying for sponsorship should fill the application form on or before 30th of August 2015.
- All Applications must be completed by 4th of September 2015.
Once successful applicants are selected, the Forum planning committee will be in touch to confirm who has been selected to be sponsored. No additional application is needed for sponsorship inquiries.
Arrival and travel: All participants should plan to arrive on September 10th and to depart September 13th.