Application Deadline: 16 November 2014
Chevening is proud to partner with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) to co-fund up to ten partnership awards available to candidates from Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda.
These particular awards are being offered in addition to the main Chevening Awards. The top ten successful candidates will be offered a partnership award and all other successful candidates will receive a Chevening Award through the main programme. LSHTM also welcomes candidates from all other Chevening-eligible countries to apply through the main Chevening Programme.
- A Chevening/LSHTM Partnership Award includes full tuition fees for your chosen course at LSHTM; country fee caps do not apply. You will also receive the same allowance and stipend package as a main Chevening Award.
- As a Chevening/LSHTM Partnership Award recipient, you will stand to benefit from an expanding suite of unique networking and engagement opportunities offered by Chevening Partners.
- In addition, applying for a partnership award will increase your chances of being considered for a Chevening Award at LSHTM.
Area of Study
- Awards are available for any one-year taught Master’s degree offered at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Applicants can choose any course of study, but are encouraged to refer to their country pages for details of priority areas of study for their region.
- Applicants from South Sudan and Ethiopia are particularly encouraged to consider courses of study in the fields of human rights, post-conflict studies, sustainable development, community development, public health and/or health policy.
How to Apply:
All candidates must visit the Apply page and select their region and country to proceed. Then there are two ways to apply for a Chevening Award to study at LSHTM:
- Candidates from Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda will be given the option to select ‘Chevening/LSHTM Scholarship’. This will automatically register your first university preference as LSHTM. You must then select a course that you are interested in studying at LSHTM. The application form will also ask you to select two other university/course preferences. These can be at LSHTM or they can be at any other UK university.
- Candidates from all other countries should submit an application through the standard Chevening Award programme. You must then enter LSHTM as your top preference on the application form
For More Infomration: