Deadline for applications: 26 April 2015.
What: Up to 10 summer training positions will be awarded during 2015 to undergraduate university students of biomedicine-related studies in any country.
When: June 22 to August 14, 2015 (8 weeks),
The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO; Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas), in Madrid, Spain, offers research training opportunities to students of all nationalities interested in pursuing a research career in the Biomedicine and Life Sciences.
The training programme will run from June 22 to August 14, 2015 (8 weeks), and will consist of 320 working hours– the actual timetable will be mutually agreed on by the students and the programme director. The intensive nature of the programme requires a full-time commitment (40 hours per week) from the participant. Students are required to participate in all scheduled activities.
Each student will be working under the supervision of a group/section/unit leader or a member of the research group. Participants will attend a series of weekly seminars given by faculty members and researchers from the CNIO. Students will be required to present the results of their research in a special session to be held at the end of the programme.
- Undergraduate university students of biomedicine-related studies in any country.
- You must have passed at least 2/3 of the total credit points (courses or exams) required for a Life Sciences or Biomedicine-related undergraduate degree (in any country).
- You must have an excellent academic track record with a Grade Point Average (GPA) above 0.75 (with your GPA as the numerator and the highest possible GPA as the denominator).
- You must have a good knowledge of English.
- You must be available from June 22 to August 14 (8 weeks) to attend the training programme. If you cannot be at the CNIO during this period, you will not be eligible for the programme.
- The CNIO will cover the student’s travel expenses: one return ticket from the student’s home town to Madrid.
- During the summer training programme, the CNIO will subsidize breakfasts and lunches at the centre’s cafeteria.
- Students will be covered by a personal accident insurance throughout their stay at the CNIO.
- Only online applications will be considered. To apply go to http://www.cnio.es/ing/cursos/practicasverano.asp and complete the application form, choosing three laboratories in order of preference
- Please attach your CV in pdf format;
- doc and rtf formats are also accepted. Please note that the size of this document must not exceed 1MB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to send the following documents by e-mail to [email protected]:
1. Two letters of recommendation
2. Copy of an official Transcript of Records, Academic Transcript or Certification, stating the number of credits passed
3. Copy of the National Identity Card or Passport
4. Proof of having a valid health insurance, whether public or private, during the whole summer stay. Citizens from countries issuing the European Health Card (EHC), including Spanish nationals, must present this documentation.
It is highly recommended to have these documents prepared in advance.
For More Information: