Application Deadline: November 3rd 2014
Who Can Apply?
Students and staff members from all universities in the EU-METALIC partnership, both from the EU and Lot countries Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria and Libya can apply for scholarships. The EU-METALIC Scholarships are designed for:
1. Students and staff members and graduates from Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia, Algerian and Libya wanting to study at a partner EU University.
2. Students and staff members from EU Partner Universities wanting to study at a Moroccan, Egyptian, Tunisian, Algerian or Libyan partner university.
Please note that exchange between two EU countries or between two third-country universities is not possible.
Neither European nor third-country candidates can benefit from a second scholarship for the same type of mobility under another project under the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 – Strand 1. Furthermore, candidates cannot benefit from more than one mobility activity with the same project.
Mobility of Moroccan / Egyptian / Tunisian / Algerian and Libyan Nationals to European Universities
In order to be eligible, applicants:
1. Must have Moroccan,Egyptian, Tunisian, Algerian or Libyan Nationality;
2. Students (Undergraduate, Masters, Doctorate, Post-Doctorate) must not have resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership. This rule does not apply to Target Group 3 applicants.
3. Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses;
4. Must belong to one of the following target groups:
Which target group do you belong to?
Target Group 1
Applicants who are registered / employed at one of the EU or Third-country partner Higher Education Institutions at the point of submitting the application. Undergraduate students must have successfully completed at least one year of studies in their home institution.
Target Group 2
Applicants who are registered at European, Moroccan, Egyptian, Tunisian, Algerian or Libyan Higher Education Institution that is not a partner in the EU-METALIC project;
Applicants who have obtained a university degree or equivalent from a European, Moroccan, Egyptian, Tunisian, Algerian or Libyan Higher Education Institution.
Target Group 3
Third-country nationals who are part of the vulnerable target groups, for example:
a) having a refugee status or asylum beneficiaries;
b) it can be proved that they have been the object of unjustified expulsion from university on racial, ethnic, religious, political, gender or sexual inclination;
c) they belong to an indigenous population targeted by a specific national policy or IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons)
Types of Scholarships available for third-country Applicants.
|Type of Mobility||Monthly Allowance||Mobility Duration|
|Undergraduate||1,000 Euro per month||Minimum 1 academic semesterMaximum 10 months for TG1Maximum 34 months for TG3|
|Master||1,000 Euro per month||Minimum 1 academic semesterMaximum 10 months for TG1Maximum 24 months for TG2 and TG3|
|Doctorate||1,500 Euro per month||6-36 months|
|Post-Doctorate||1,800 Euro per month||6-10 months|
|Staff||2,500 Euro per month||1 month|
The scholarship includes:
- Monthly subsistence allowance (see above)
- Insurance (travel, health, accident)
- Participation Costs (tuition and/ or registration fees, additional library, student unions, laboratory consumable costs, permit residence, language courses costs) up to maximum of 3,000 euros
- Travel costs depending on the distance between Home and Host University:
How to Apply:
- Before you register an account to apply for an EU-METALIC Scholarship,
- Check the Eligibility Criteria;
- Types of scholarship available;
- The Fields of Study offered by the partner universities, and
- The Selection Documents required by the programme and
- Partner universities located on the project website.
For More Information: