Application Deadline: 31st July 2015.
There is a shortage of skills in the water and sanitation sector. The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) as the custodian of South Africa’s water resources, through its Learning Academy External Bursary Scheme, provides bursaries yearly to aid in closing this gap. DWS is welcoming all applicants who would like to pursue careers that are in line with the department’s core business.
The Department of Water and Sanitation scheme boasts an all-inclusive package recognised in South Africa as being highly competitive. The DWS External Bursary Scheme aims to attract exceptional young and innovative talent to the department; those that are adequately talented in this regard and wish to become part of SA’s water and sanitation sector team, need to be aware that the DWS is ready to change their lives.
Students pursuing the following fields of study are eligible to apply: Analytic chemistry, Aquatic Sciences, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Cartography, Civil/Electrical/Mechanical engineering, Environmental Law/Management/ Science, Geo-chemistry, Geographical information systems, Geo-hydrology, Geology, Hydrology, Limnology, Microbiology, Surveying, Water and Sanitation, Water Care, Water Resource Management, and Water Utilisation.
Currently DWS bursaries for the full time pre- and post-graduate studies are granted on an annual basis to learners at these South African universities:
- University of Pretoria
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Free State
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Limpopo
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Walter Sisulu University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Cape Peninsula of University of Technology
- Vaal University of Technology
- University of Venda
- University of Witwatersrand
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Zululand
- Bursaries will be allocated on the basis of a balanced consideration of academic performance, race and gender, financial need, need of DWS in reference to the specific qualification, and an interview schedule.
- Assistance will be provided on a year-to-year basis and bursaries will be renewed only if performance of bursars is satisfactory.
- Successful applicants to the bursary scheme receive full tertiary registration and tuition costs, residence and meal fees, book allowance, and an annual personal allowance.
To obtain the application form, the applicants should go to www.dws.gov.za/LearningA.
If you have a passion for water and sanitation, don’t let this great opportunity pass you by.
Tel 012 336 7448
Director: Media Liaison
Email: 082 784 2942
For More Information: