Application Deadline: 31 March 2018 at 17h00 CAT.
The National Film & Video Foundation (NFVF), an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture, is a statutory body mandated to spearhead the equitable growth and development of the SA film and video industry.
The NFVF’s bursary programme is aimed at building capacity by upskilling film and TV professionals for global competitiveness through its support of qualifying applicants for overseas studies which are not offered at South African tertiary institutions. However, Live Performance or Acting programmes are excluded.
This bursary will be awarded for the 2018 academic year with a cap of R250 000 inclusive of tuition and living expenses.
The applicant must:
- Must apply six months before the course commences
- Be a South African citizen
- Have a good academic record
- Demonstrate a need for a financial assistance
- Be enrolled at an accredited overseas tertiary institution for a full time post graduate film/TV programme (the course must be commencing in September 2018 and not available in South Africa)
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed motivation as to why the applicant must be awarded a bursary together with all the supporting documents as indicated in the online application form.
- Failure to provide all requested information will lead to an automatic disqualification of the application
- No late applications will be considered
- Should there be a change of contact details the onus is on the applicant to notify NFVF
- For further information, please consult the NFVF Funding Policy available on a link below:
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2018 at 17h00 CAT.
Failure to submit all the mandatory requirements will result in an automatic disqualification.
For any queries regarding the application process please email Thandekile Hlatshwayo at [email protected] and for queries regarding the qualifying criteria, please email Lebohang Khunou at [email protected], 011 483 0880
For More Information: