Application Deadline: 12th April 2018.
The South African Reserve Bank is looking for productive and talented postgraduates to join its one-year SARB GDP in January 2019. The SARB GDP seeks to contribute to selected graduates overall economic activity and output by equipping them with knowledge of, skills in, and exposure to the role of the central bank in the economy and of the financial sector in general. The SARB GDP is specially designed to provide access to broad knowledge and expertise. Graduates will have the opportunity to work for a reputable institution that has a critical role to play in the South African economy.
The SARB serves the economic well-being of South Africans through maintaining price and financial stability. It is responsible for the regulation of the South African financial sector, design and distribution of banknotes and coin, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks, and ensuring stability of both the banking sector and the wider financial system.
SARB GDP courses
Basic financial risk management
Economic concepts and indicators
Financial markets and instruments
The national payment system
are interested in continuing their career at the SARB;
have a desire to make a contribution to monetary policy, financial stability, currency management, supervising financial institutions, financial markets or one of the SARB’s enabling functions;
have demonstrated behaviours aligned to the SARB’s values of accountability, excellence, integrity, respect and trust, and open communication;
are able to function independently and contribute actively and effectively in a team; and
have performed exceptionally well in their assigned departments and academically.
- Graduates will receive a competitive salary for the duration of the programme.
You meet the requirements if you:
* have completed or are about to complete a postgraduate degree;
* have attained or expect to attain an average of over 65% in your final year;
* have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policy making;
* have a proven track record of academic excellence;
* have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
* are a South African citizen; and
* are a curious and keen learner.
Degree focus areas
We will consider postgraduates or students studying toward a postgraduate degree with capability in at least one of the following areas:
* Policy analysis
* Public finance
* Financial management
* Information technology
* Portfolio or investment management
* Quantitative analysis
* Risk management
* Economics and international relations
How to apply
Please submit the following 3 documents to SARB-GraduateRecruit@resbank.co.za
* certified copies of your latest academic records and qualifications;
* your curriculum vitae – no longer than two pages; and
* a half-page motivation explaining why you wish to participate in this programme and what you are able to contribute to the SARB.
Attachments should not exceed 2Mb.
The closing date for applications is 12 April 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in assessments, interviews and a security clearance as part of the selection process. Suitable candidates will be selected based on the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not heard from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. If you have questions, please email them to the following email address: SARB-GraduateRecruit@resbank.co.za
For More Information: