Application Deadline: 30th November 2018 at midday (UK time).
The Reuters Journalism Programme is an opportunity for recent graduates, early career reporters, or professionals with 2-3 years’ experience who are looking to switch careers into journalism. The programme in 2019 will consist of 9 months of formal and on-the-job journalism training, initially for one month in London, followed by one of our other main reporting newsrooms or bureaus across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
We are excited to work with emerging talents who can tell stories about finance, politics and people from new perspectives and in different formats. As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek diverse, talented and qualified employees with proven knowledge and passion for business, markets and/or multimedia and data journalism.
- Nine-month scheme including intensive training and reporting assignments
- Placement in the London newsroom or a major bureau in EMEA
- Application due by Friday 30th November 2018
- Programme begins September 2019
- Participants who excel may be considered for other opportunities
- Clear commitment to a career in journalism
- Drive to build sources, break news and deliver deeply reported stories
- Strong interest in issues that affect companies, markets and economies
- Ability to generate original, relevant story ideas
- Ambition to deliver journalism with real impact
- Fluency in written English
- Fluency in a second language beneficial but not compulsory
- An international outlook
Other desired skills (not prerequisites)
- Knowledge or expertise in a relevant field such as banking, financial analysis, accounting, law or computer science
- Up to 3 years of professional journalism experience
- Proven ability to generate exclusive and agenda-setting stories
- Experience in multi-media story-telling
- Expertise in data analysis or data-driven journalism
- Understanding of how to use social media to report and find sources
Applications open Friday 5th October and close on Friday 30th November 2018 at midday (UK time).
Recruitment Process & Timelines:
If successful, you will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and Candidate Profile Screen (from October – December)
- Online Survey (from October – December)
- Writing Test (from January – February)
- Interview Day (February – March)
For More Information: