Application Deadline: 8th May 2015
Sponsored by the CP Charitable Trust, and the International Student House, this scholarship exists to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance.
The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September to study Global Health and Development at UCL.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation, at the time of application.
- The candidate must have applied and obtained an unconditional offer letter to study a full- time postgraduate programme at the UCL Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need
- The scheme might offer scholarships towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation, and cost of living.
- The candidate must arrange for and obtain the additional funding required to cover travel, student visa, and initial expenses.
Scholarship Application Procedure:
Once candidates have been accepted in the IGH Postgraduate programme and obtained an unconditional offer letter, candidates are required to complete a scholarship application form.
Candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application forms with
the following documentation:
- Two reference letters. (Preferably one professional and one academic reference). Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper with a signature and must be signed across the seal of the envelope to ensure confidentiality (if sent by post).
- If sent by e-mail the referee can send the signed letter directly to Paloma Garcia Paredes at email@example.com
- A copy of the UCL unconditional offer letter for the relevant academic year that the scholar ship is intended for.
- A current CV.
- A letter confirming current employment status and annual salary in GBP.
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for higher education and professional training.
- A detailed personal statement
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for the additional expenses. If any additional funding has been obtained, the applicant must provide evidence of this in the form of a signed letter from the funding organisation stating the additional sponsorship/scholarship amount in sterling.
- If the funding comes from personal resources, copies of official bank statements showing the balance of funds must be submitted.
Candidates must submit their scholarship application to the IGH scholarship
committee by the deadline given in the application form.
Application forms can be obtained from and, when completed, should be returned to
the following postal address.
Paloma Garcia Paredes
Institute for Global Health
30 Guilford Street
For More Information: