Deadline: December 2013
The Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programme for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries aims to improve the socio-economic conditions and to preserve the cultural and religious identities of Muslim Communities in Non-member Countries through developing their human capital resources.
The Programme provides scholarship to the academically meritorious but financially needy young Muslim students to pursue undergraduate or first-degree study in professional courses.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the student/applicant must be able to meet the following basic criteria:
- Age not over 24 years.
- Completed senior secondary / pre-university education with good grades in major science subjects and language of instruction.
- Secured admission in one of the disciplines covered under the Programme at a recognized college or university in their own countries (for in-country study).
- Not in receipt of any other scholarship.
- Committed and needy Muslim.
- Recommended by the Counterpart Organization.
Fields of study
- Other fields related to above disciplines
- The Programme covers all relevant expenses during students’ study period, including tuition fees, health and living costs as determined by the IDB.
- The scholarship is an interest-free loan to enable you to study Medicine, Engineering or Agriculture (or other fields as approved by the IDB) and it covers cost of living, books & clothing, tuition fees (wherever applicable) and medical expenses.
- You will be expected, upon graduation, to pay back the scholarship and other funds you receive from the Bank, in easy instalments, to a local IDB Trust or Waqf in your community. This is necessary because the scholarship is a grant from the Bank to the local community to enable it to sustain this scholarship programme in future to benefit others including your children.
How to apply
In a country, where the Programme has not yet been implemented, inquiries may be directed to the Scholarship Division, Department of Communities in Non-Member Countries, IDB.
For More Information: