Application Deadline: October 31, 2015.
Scholarship Period: Applications for the scholarship year April 2016 – March 2017
BAGSS invites applications from highly qualified graduates in the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Education, Political Science, Labour and Educational Economics and Demography. Qualified graduates of related subjects with a strong Social Science background are also encouraged to apply.
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in one of the aforementioned subjects or be very close to completion. (The degree must be completed by the time of admission to BAGSS.
- The scholarship amounts to 1,365.00 EUR per month plus a grant for material costs, adding up to a total of 1,468.00 EUR, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable.
Criteria applied in the selection procedure for the regular membership at BAGSS, i.e. for the admission to BAGSS, supervision and the award of scholarships
- A complete, formally correct application has been submitted by the advertised deadline in the required fashion
- The statutory criteria for admission to doctoral studies at Bavarian universities are met.
- The research topic for the doctoral dissertation, as proposed in the application, matches the academic profile of BAGSS.
- At least one faculty member of BAGSS, who is eligible for the examination of doctoral theses, agrees to supervise the suggested dissertation topic.
- The complete application has been judged as excellent by a panel of academic assessors from the Graduate School in competition with other applications.
How to Apply:
If you wish to apply for a starter scholarship, all documents, except for the letters of recommendation, need to be submitted as a single PDF (max. 30 MB). In this single PDF file, please do arrange your documents in the following order:
-academic degree certificates and university grade transcripts
-statement of knowledge of research methods
For More Information: