The 2015 GDN Annual conference will be structured around following four sub-themes to better understand the nature, role and prospects of agricultural development in the context of the post-2015 Development Agenda:
- Food security and nutrition
- Environmental challenges and natural resources management
- Economic, social and political transformations: effects and impacts of agricultural development
- Financial and technological innovations: which new tools for the next ‘green revolution’?
How to submit the paper abstract?
Submit your paper abstract and CV through the following:
- Deadline for submission of paper abstract: 31 January, 2015
- Notification of acceptance of paper abstract (ONLY successful applicants will be contacted): 23 February, 2015
- Deadline for submission of full paper: 8 March, 2015
- Notification of successful full papers: 31 March, 2015
Support to young researchers from developing countries
Selected paper abstract author (s) can express their need for financial support to attend the conference with the submission of the final paper. GDN will provide more details and link to apply. Please note the funds are limited therefore award of financial support will be extremely competitive.
GDN encourage the author (s) to garner funds from other sources in order to secure their participation to the conference.
- Young researchers (i.e. Master’s students, PhD students and young researchers on job market) are invited to submit a poster addressing the issues related to the conference and its sub-themes.
- Researchers can submit and compete for both poster and paper presentations to the conference.
- A poster can be submitted by only one individual. Selected posters will be exhibited for informal browsing, with the opportunities for individual discussions and networking with poster authors.
- Poster exhibition will be organized on each day of the conference.
Posters are accepted in English and in French language.
How to submit the poster abstract?
- Deadline for submission of Poster: 15 February, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance of Poster: 16 March, 2015
Sessions are special and most dynamic events of the conference. They are organized by individuals, groups or institutions on a selected theme of the conference with regional/national/or global perspectives.
The panel of the session may consist of four or five seasoned experts of the theme who will deliberate their respective presentations, with short and clear abstract. The duration of each session is 90 minutes with presentations (optional) or discussion of the panel with open floor general audience of the session.
How to submit the session abstract?
- Deadline for submission of session abstract: 31 January, 2015
- Notification of acceptance of session abstract: 3 March, 2015
- Deadline for submission of final description of the session: 31 March, 2015
- Notification of accepted session: 3 April, 2015