Submission Deadline: March 26 2015 11:59 pm EST
Date: October 6-8, 2015
Location: Westin Crystal City, 1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA, USA
Who can submit: Any interested parties
Deadline for submission: Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST
Making Cents International is now accepting proposals to present at the 2015 Summit (Oct 6-8 in Washington, DC). Sessions will be developed according to the 2015 theme of “Scale in Practice” and five technical tracks: Workforce Development, Enterprise Development, Financial Inclusion, Monitoring & Evaluation and Gender.
Invitation to shape the 2015 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit: October 6-8, 2015, Washington DC
The 9th annual Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit will take place October 6-8 in Washington, DC. Join 500 donors, implementers, policy-makers and youth leaders from 70+ countries. Build your skills and network to collaboratively increase the impact, scale, and sustainability of youth economic opportunity programming, policies, and partnerships.
Theme: Scale in Practice
“Scale in Practice” is the theme of the 2015 Summit. The world’s 1.1 billion young people need to be able to find good jobs, start and grow businesses, gain access to appropriate financial services and overall, participate in the global economy. How to advance youth economic inclusion at scale is a global priority.
It is understood that not every program is designed to scale and this is not a requir
Overview for Submitting a Proposal
Competitive Breakout Session proposal formats should:
• Lead to greater knowledge exchange and increased knowledge capital that may result in participants’ ability to change practice and improve performance
• Address current and relevant issues and/or controversies on the Summit’s theme and technical tracks
• Incorporate concrete and transferable take-aways
• Engage the audience through participatory methods, rather than straight lecture-style presentations
• Promote open and honest dialogue that drives the conversation forward
- February 17: Call for proposals opens
- March 26: Deadline to submit proposals
- March 27 – April 17: Global Advisory Committee reviews and selects proposals. You may receive clarification questions during this review process. We appreciate your prompt response.
- April 24: Acceptances shared with those who submit
- April 27: Deadline for presenters to register
- April 28: Summit Program is posted online and promoted globally
- August 11: Submit A/V and room set-up requests
- August 22: Session outlines due for feedback
- October 6 – 8: 9th annual Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit
Is there a speaker or topic you want to see on the 2015 agenda? Nominate yourself or someone else at http://www.youtheosummit.org/nominate_a_presenter.
For More Information: