Application Deadline: November 10 2014
The search is on to find 23 One Young World Ambassadors to take a lead role within the community as Coordinating Ambassadors.
One Young World Summits are fantastic, inspiring events but it is after each Summit that the hard work really begins.
Between Summits, One Young World makes huge efforts to follow Ambassador initiatives, promote their stories and connect them with each other.
It is vital to follow what Ambassadors all round the world are doing in their countries, communities or businesses. To make this more effective, Coordinating Ambassadors from 23 geographical regions will be elected to take the lead on reporting on the amazing work that happens in between Summits.
Coordinating Ambassadors will primarily work to engage with One Young World Ambassadors within their geographical regions. This engagement is key to sustaining momentum after each Summit and tracking the impact of individual Ambassadors. In return for their work each Coordinating Ambassador will be awarded a fully sponsored Returning Ambassador place at the One Young World Summit 2015 in Bangkok.
- Community Engagement
Coordinating Ambassadors will primarily be expected to engage with all One Young World Ambassadors within their geographical regions.
- Information Gathering
One Young World will create an Ambassador impact measurement questionnaire.
- Gathering film and other media
Coordinating Ambassadors will gather compelling film and photography of Ambassadors in their region.
- Organise physical and/or online Ambassador meetings/focus groups
Coordinating Ambassadors will assist One Young World in canvassing Ambassadors regarding the topics to be covered at the 2015 Summit.
- Commissioning Ambassador Blogs
Blogs written by Ambassadors are currently published on the One Young World website and The Huffington Post. Coordinating Ambassadors will commission and edit blogs written by Ambassadors in their region.
What are the benefits of being a Coordinating Ambassador?
- A fully sponsored Returning Ambassador place* at the One Young World Summit 2015 in Bangkok
- Key role in defining the 2015 Summit agenda
- Contribute to a working group at the 2015 Summit to share experience and formulate best practice for future
- Coordinating Ambassadors
- Unique chance to represent an international organisation at a national and regional level
- A direct working relationship with One Young World
- Improve impact measurement, reporting and communications skills
For More Information: