Application Deadline: 23:00 GMT on June 30th 2019
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards recognize fundamental contributions in a broad array of areas of scientific knowledge, technology, humanities and artistic creation, as listed in these call conditions.
The disciplines and domains of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards are:
- Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Biology and Biomedicine
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Climate Change
- Economics, Finance and Management
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Music and Opera
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards consist of 400,000 euros, a diploma and a commemorative artwork in each of their eight categories.
In the event that an award is shared by more than one person, its monetary amount will be divided equally among all recipients.
All awards, in whatever category, will be subject to the withholding and other taxes prescribed by current legislation, which will be deducted from their total amount.
Candidates may be one or more natural persons of any nationality, without limitation of number, that have made independent or convergent contributions to a given advance, whether due to a formal collaboration (with the nominees belonging to one or more groups) or parallel working.
The awards are also open to scientific or cultural organizations that can be collectively credited with exceptional contributions to scientific knowledge, cultural creation or the fight against climate change.
Awards may not be granted posthumously.
Self-nomination is not permitted.
Any scientific or cultural organization or institution can submit nominations, following their own internal procedures. Among them:
- Scientific or artistic societies and organizations
- National and regional academies of science or culture
- Public or private R&D centers
- University schools, departments or institutes and research or teaching institutes
- Hospital departments and biomedical research centers
- Schools of music
- Orchestras, orchestra associations, opera theaters and opera associations
- Public agencies and supranational, national or regional organizations substantially engaged in analysis and/or activities relating to climate change
- Other scientific, cultural and environmental organizations
Winners of the Nobel Prize in any of its categories are likewise eligible to nominate, as are past winners of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards.
The nomination period will open on January 1, 2019 and conclude at 23:00 GMT on June 30 of the same year.
All nominations should be submitted using the dedicated form on the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards website: www.frontiersofknowledgeawards-fbbva.es
Both nominations and the accompanying documentation must be submitted in English only.
In the event that various organizations or individuals wish to jointly or coordinately submit a nomination, they should appoint a nomination coordinator who will merge all the materials into a single entry.
For More Information: