Deadline for submitted applications is February 1, 2015.
Applicants will be notified of the review panel decision by March 1, 2015.
What: Cultural Fellowships in Russia (St. Petersburg)
When: May 11 until May 24, 2015
Whom: Foreign professionals in the field of arts and culture who work on projects related to Russian culture.
Worth:Airfare (economy class) and accommodation in St. Petersburg will be covered by the organizers.
The Likhachev Foundation (St. Petersburg, Russia) and the Fund of the First Russian President Boris N. Yeltsin (Moscow, Russia), with support of the Committee on External Relations of Saint Petersburg announce competition for 2-week cultural fellowships in Russia (St. Petersburg) from May 11 until May 24, 2015 for foreign professionals in the field of arts and culture who work on projects related to Russian culture. Airfare (economy class) and accommodation in St. Petersburg will be covered by the organizers.
- Application is accepted from professionals in the field of culture and history or arts from foreign countries who are currently working on creative projects related to Russian culture or history.
- Command of the Russian language is very helpful but not required.
- Students are not eligible.
- Working languages of the program are English and Russian.
- The creative project could be a museum exhibition project, a theater production, a film, a photo exhibition, preparation of fiction or research books, etc. related to Russian culture or history
- . The creative project should be conceived in a foreign country and should be aimed at a broad audience.
- Two-week residency in Russia should serve as an important stage in the realization of the applicant’s cultural project.
- The Likhachev Foundation will prepare individual programs for the fellows according to their projects’ specifics, to help them achieve maximum results during their fellowships.
- These programs will include meetings with Russian colleagues, opportunities to work at St. Petersburg museums, libraries, archives, and other organizations.
- Ten two-week fellowships will be organized from May 11 until May 24, 2015 in St. Petersburg (Russia)
How to Apply:
Application should include:
- CV (including information on Russian language skills, previous creative projects related to Russia, and previous visits to Russia).
- Description of the creative project (up to 3 pages) such as a museum or exhibition project, a theater production, a film, preparation of fiction or research books, and other types of cultural projects related to Russian culture or history. It should contain, in particular, a paragraph on how a residency in St. Petersburg will benefit the applicant’s creative project and which cultural organizations in St. Petersburg the applicant would like to work with.
For More Information: