Application Deadline: OCTOBER 3rd 2014
IFC’s Global Transaction Team Program offers a unique opportunity to launch a global career as an investment professional helping to build the private sector in developing countries. Participants join as Associate Investment Officers – responsible for identifying, structuring, closing and monitoring IFC’s loans and investments – and build their expertise through assignments in different countries, close to our clients.
- The two year GTT Program is structured to provide participants with a solid understanding of IFC’s business and strategy, a global network, and regional experience in one of our three industry groups (Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; and Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services).
- Participants join IFC in September of each year and spend 12 months with an Industry Department at IFC’s headquarters in Washington, DC.
- During this period, they learn IFC’s investment process, build their internal network and undertake professional training, including a 6-week residential credit course.
- Participants are then assigned to one of IFC’s regional offices for 12 months and immediately add value working directly with project teams and clients sourcing, executing and monitoring investment transactions.
- Participants are expected to be geographically flexible and interested and able to relocate as business needs require
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar
- Experience in international finance, demonstrated leadership and passion for sustainable private sector development
- 4 to 6 years of work experience in finance: investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, or financial consulting
- Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends
- Sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
- Ability to develop new business and effectively focus on client needs
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) preferred
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility
Application and Selection Process
- IFC accepts applications online annually from August 15th through October 3rd of each year.
- Interviews take place from October to December.
- Offers are made in December/January.
- GTT participants join IFC in September each year.