Application Deadline: 1 April 2015
Open to: PhD students and young researchers from around the world
Venue: Chernivtsi ,Ukraine
When: 3-9 July 2015,
For an intensive week in early July, an international group of twenty doctoral students and up to a dozen faculties are converging to a different town in Ukraine to hear and discuss presentations on ongoing research on a critical theme.
The Summer School is designed to be interdisciplinary and international and follows the format of a Workshop. The program also includes lectures and field trips, of historical and contemporary significance, within the region.
The 7th Annual School, to be held in Chernivtsi, Western Ukraine, on 3-9 July 2015, will be devoted to the theme “Borders in the Post-Socialist Space: Past, Present, Future”.
- The Summer School is open to PhD students (or students enrolled in a kandidat nauk program) and
- Young researchers (up to six years removed from their PhD or kandidat nauk degree). Proposals strong on theory and empirical research are particularly welcomed.
- The working language of the Summer School is English.
- Participants must be comfortable working in English
- There is no program fee. The organizers will cover accommodation, meals, workshops and all excursions.
- The participants (or their institutions) must pay travel expenses from their home country to Kyiv; the transfer from Kyiv to Chernivtsi will be covered by the summer school budget.
- To be considered for the Summer School, candidates must complete an application form (that includes a 500 word project proposal) and add a CV.
- They can also send an additional written sample, such as a conference paper, a dissertation chapter, or a publication (optional).
- The application must be sent by e-mail to [email protected], by 1 April 2015
For More Information: