What: The Second African Local Summit 2013
Where: Hyatt Regency Hotel Conference Center in Richardson, Texas
When: August 5-8 2013
Theme: Sustainable Development Goals and Africa Beyond 2015: The Role of African Diaspora.
Whom: Diaspora Community / Governments / Diplomatic Corps / Development Agencies/ Civil Society / Traditional and Community Leaders, Private Entities / Entrepreneurs / Artist and Artisans, Educational Institutions / Universities / Students,Media / editors–in–chief / reporters / journalists / camera crew / photographers.
Why: Gain and share a vast array of innovative solutions while you network with pan-African and Global Peers.
The main objective for the 2nd African Summit 2013 is to develop policies and programs that address the complexities and practical implications of the Africa Diaspora in the socio-economic development of Africa, and foster appropriate relations between International Development Actors in the Post 2015 process.
Moreover, the summit shall seek to advocate, promote and strengthen the Africa Diasporas role in development by creating a perfect window of opportunity for engagement.
Insightful and Thought Provoking Topics for Panel Discussions
- Current state for Africa Diaspora engagement and participation in the post-2015 process.
- African Diasporas & “destination countries”: Considering policies that increase the African Diasporas’ contribution to development.
- Making use of the resources of African Diasporas by African governments for developmental purposes.
- Integrating the African Diaspora in both country of origin and host country
- Shaping the African Diaspora engagement with Africa
The 3 day event is expected to be preceded by a one-day Youth Summit with the theme “The Diaspora Youth and Post 2015” on August 5, 2013. Important workshops and training will be facilitated by Phelps Stokes – www.phelpsstokes.org – along with other programs and side events under notable organizations and bodies. (for more information) Click Here..
Target Group for the African Youth Summit:
The Youth Summit will engage youths between the ages of 18 and 35 with special focus in entrepreneurship, agribusiness, leadership, and innovation. A total of sixty (60) youths from Africa and the US will attend the Youth Summit. Four (4) members of the Global Youth Innovation Network and two (2) adult mentors will serve as facilitators of this Youth Summit.
Goals of the Youth Summit are:
- Develop policies and programs to address African Diaspora youth employment and other socio-economic youth challenges in Diaspora
- Foster synergy between American youth and the African youth in the Post 2015 sustainable development programs
- Establish the Texas chapter of the Global Youth Innovation Network—an organization of 5000 plus young entrepreneurs that increases their resources and knowledge and advocates for public and private support
- Engage youth in an ongoing discussion about the needs of the community and both the public and private sector’s responsibility to the community
- Empower youth to take responsibility for the welfare of their communities and countries
- Encourage youth to develop youth-led programs and take ownership of their own futures
Why This Is Your Must Attend Event
- Gain and share a vast array of innovative solutions while you network with pan-African and Global Peers.
- Be the first to observe new, never heard before, speeches and presentations by all the high level speakers at the summit.
Key event features at African Summit include:
- Stream sessions with in-depth presentations providing you with the most up-to-date innovative solutions for attaining the Millennium Development Goals and Sustainable Development Beyond 2015 in Africa.
- Case studies from experts detailing practical advice and best practice on Integrated Sustainable Development.
- Pre-scheduled one-on-one meetings, maximizing your networking opportunities
- Discussion tables, including lively debate and interaction with your peers
- Expo where you can identify the latest technologies to optimize your operation