Application Deadline: November 3, 2014,
Participation is open to professionals, students and design enthusiasts from every country in the world and only to individuals who have reached the age of majority
LEXUS DESIGN AWARD is an award set to support future creators who can enrich the world. By providing the opportunity to embody unique ideas, create and exhibit prototypes through sessions with world-famous designers as mentors, Lexus hopes to help next generation talent flourish.
Designers from all fields: architecture, product design, fashion are welcome. Lexus is looking for “DESIGN” that goes beyond the mastery of shape, form and function, and becomes a process and solution to overcome challenges.
Senses are intrinsic to life: they are what allow us to perceive the world. Taking this purposefully broad theme, considering seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling and tasting, we open ourselves up to a wide range of possibilities.
- Four Prototype Winners will each receive a mentorship by an acknowledged professional to develop a model of his/her submitted Work.
- The Sponsor will cover the prototype production costs up to 2.5 million Yen (*includes tax, customs duty, construction fee and part of a packaging fee).
- Prototypes will be developed through sessions with the mentors.
- In addition, the 4 Prototype Winners plus 8 additional panel finalists will receive a ‘Trip Prize’ to Milan, Italy during Milan Design Week 2015 (taking place between April 14-19, 2015) and are required to attend the LEXUS DESIGN AWARD 2015 Exhibition and Ceremony, where the four prototypes, and panel displays for the other eight awarded designs, will be exhibited.
- *The ‘Trip prize’ includes 1 (one) round-trip between a major airport near Finalist’s home and Milan, Italy plus accommodation for 2 (two) nights.
- Only one individual will be invited, regardless of whether the winning entries are submitted by an individual or a group.
Submit your Work
How many image files can I upload?
The Work may be produced in any medium but must be submitted as low res JPEG (JPG) or GIF format.
Up to 6 images can be uploaded (either single or composition images).
All digital image files must be:
– 200 KB or smaller (a low-res version of your original Work).
– must be of exact width of 818 pixels / 72 dpi,
– RGB color mode
– Video upload is not mandatory
For More Information: